This sealant achieves all test-verified STC/MTC by sealing gaps in partitions with a long-lasting, resilient, acoustical seal.
USG Sheetrock Brand Acoustical Sealant is water-based, highly elastic and easy to apply with hand-gun equipment to vertical and horizontal surfaces (even overhead) without sagging. USG Sheetrock® Brand Acoustical Sealant is excellent for fire-rated partitions and acceptable for use at the perimeter of wall assemblies rated 1-3 hours.
USG Sheetrock Brand Acoustical Sealant can be used in full-load bearing, steel-stud partitions (WHI-9-28-78). It boasts 0/0 flame-spread/smoke-developed surface burning characteristics with Underwriters Laboratories. Tested at Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories in accordance with ASTM E90, this product was sound tested and proven to be an integral component in maintaining STC/MTC partition ratings.
- Excellent sound-flanking material (supports high STC ratings)
- Superior performance as a fire caulk in UL-classified joint systems
- Ideal for use in smoke and/or sound assemblies
- Meets ASTM C834 specifications for latex sealants
- Grade -18 C (0 F) low temperature flexibility, strong bond
- Low VOC
29 oz tube